OVH Community, your new community space.

Feedback

strex
03.03.08, 16:38
Hi oles, we want a offer for a Subnet. We want to create XEN vServer and VPN connections on a MG Server. You say something about one month, the month is over...where my Subnet? I need for all Servers a /25 Subnet.

sledge0303 want it too!

But the other is ok, ok the RPS isn´t the best today, but it´s okey!

Anne-Claude
03.03.08, 11:31
Schön, wenn man uns die Übersetzungsfehler als "Charme" auslegt . Was wir auf jeden Fall verhindern möchten, sind unverständliche Texte.

f.schütze
03.03.08, 11:26
Zitat Zitat von schwarzlicht
@Anne-Claude:
Lasst doch diese kleinen "Charme-Unterstreicher", dass ist wirklich nicht schlimm und viel besser als stupider technischer Text, bzw es erinnert auch an die Herkunft von OVH und gibt euch Persönlichkeit. (Rechtschreibfehler ausgeschlossen)

Daniel
So kann man es natürlich auch sehen

schwarzlicht
03.03.08, 11:13
There are plenty of mistakes due to translation, but that's okay.
@Anne-Claude:
Lasst doch diese kleinen "Charme-Unterstreicher", dass ist wirklich nicht schlimm und viel besser als stupider technischer Text, bzw es erinnert auch an die Herkunft von OVH und gibt euch Persönlichkeit. (Rechtschreibfehler ausgeschlossen)

Daniel

Anne-Claude
03.03.08, 11:03
Zitat Zitat von f.schütze
The manager is the best i've seen so far. There are plenty of mistakes due to translation, but that's okay.
Kannst Du uns bitte die Fehler nennen, entweder hier auf dem Forum oder in einer E-Mail an kundendienst@ovh.de? Wir werden dann umgehend korrigieren.

Danke im Voraus!

f.schütze
03.03.08, 10:38
My experiences from the last years:
The hardware offers are very good, except the Isgenug/Kimsufi: 256MB RAM is way too low! But i understand that you want people to buy a more powerful server, so it's at least understandable.
The hardware itself is very good, too. I did not experience any problems, no broken disks, ram etc.
The network is excellent, if you take the prices into account. Most of the time I have no speed- or routing problems whatsoever. Sometimes the speed per thread gets a little low, even with SLA. I have many international customers (USA, East-Europe), they say the speed is acceptable most of the time, but all in all a little too low.
The manager is the best i've seen so far. There are plenty of mistakes due to translation, but that's okay.
The ftp-backup from superplan and higher is really good, but since fuse does not work with your kernels, an ssh-account would be great(rsync etc.).

All in all I love OVH and would never ever betray you with another provider

schwarzlicht
03.03.08, 09:44
Hi Oles,

at first, a great compliment : your network is very powerful. I did not have any speed problems for (i can't remember) weeks.

I have rent an ISGenug, Start100M+, Start100M++, Superplan L and now i'm a beta-tester for the RPS. So i can only speak about this hardware.
There where no problems in the past, except my own stupidity (FailoverIP - every Server has one - so i can't use it LOL), the support was helping me.

The OVH-Manager is very "geil" . "geil" means in this case: the best i've ever seen.

And now the problems and wishes:
FTP-Backup: I've 750GB FTP-Space for the Superplan, but i can't access it from a Start100M. In context to the FailoverIP it would be very useful. Or, i would like to buy FTP-Backup-Space, please, make an offert.

RPS and NEW ISGenug:
I think 32MB Video-RAM is too much for only 256/512MB RAM. I can use Windows with 8MB (tested on an old ISGenug). I don't need Windows, but 256MB - 32MB != the offert! (8% lost).
The RPS-Hardware works fine - only IO-Wait problems. OK, RPS is Beta, but the "hdd-speed" must be over 5MB/sec to work fine on a RPS-shell.

Thanks for your ear & eyes,

Daniel

sledge0303
03.03.08, 08:02
Zitat Zitat von oles@ovh.net
Hi There,
How is the general feedback out the dedicated servers ? Is it good ?
Have you any bandwidth problems ? Is it quick ? Any hardware problems ?
Any software problems ? Manager ?

Thanks for feedback
Octave
Hi Octave,

here's some feedback about the servers:

SATA: I experienced two (+1 by user jasminr) crashes in the past. That issue was caused by incompatibility between SATA 3Ware Raid controller (SATA 3) and HDDs (SATA 1,5). OK, it shouldn't happen but happened. Both drives were away and it needs a rebuild of SATA System to get it running again. BUT ALL DATAS ARE LOST THEN.
Anyway, it slows down a system even it works without any troubles or crashes, either.
May you have fixed that issue with newer hardware setups.

Hardware itself: it is and works very well, very fine offer except the BIOS settings for shared video RAM. Think about, 32MB of 256 for Kimsufi and 64MB/512 for RPS is definately too much. Even for peoples who want use their dedicated server with windows. OK, it isn't your fault but should be mentioned
The hardware anyway is very quick and nothing to complain about.

Manager: the manager is one of the best I have ever seen. Good work!

Routing + connection to server: it works very well for me (Alice/Hansenet, ColtNet).

RPS: connectivity between RPS and Filer:
Code:
hdparm -t /dev/sda1

/dev/sda1:
 Timing buffered disk reads:    6 MB in  3.58 seconds =   1.67 MB/sec

Greetings,
Thomas

oles@ovh.net
03.03.08, 06:46
Hi There,
How is the general feedback out the dedicated servers ? Is it good ?
Have you any bandwidth problems ? Is it quick ? Any hardware problems ?
Any software problems ? Manager ?

Thanks for feedback
Octave